Clive Emson Auctioneers sold land property worth £22 million at its landmark 200th auction.
The firm achieved a 74% success rate after cataloguing 150 lots, with three lots surpassing the million-pound mark.
“It is no mean feat to have achieved the milestone of our 200th auction in such a competitive market,” said James Emson, managing director of Clive Emson Auctioneers.
“The business has evolved over the years with modern technology at every turn which has been embraced at every stage, including the launch of online auctions and facilities to help the 900+ estate agency branches that support us.”
March auction highlights included:
· A parade of 10 shops, six flats and eight lock-up garages in Gosport, South Hampshire, currently let at £97,650, went for £1.28 million – a whopping £280,000 above the freehold guide price.
· Two vacant three-storey, semi-detached houses for improvement or development – once a hotel – in Chiswick, west London, sold for £2.25 million freehold.
· A landmark property including a coach house and 18 flats in Hove’s Brunswick Square achieved a freehold guide of £2 million.
· A century-old former water tower in Whitfield, Dover, with panoramic views and potential as a home, was sold for £152,000 against a freehold guide of £80,000.
· The former Ilfracombe Arms pub and adjoining Marlboro nightclub in Ilfracombe, north Devon, with part planning consent for residential conversion, fetched £160,000 freehold.
Emson added: “Our vendors and purchasers recognise that there is always something for everyone with Clive Emson – that’s why they keep coming back.”
“We look forward to our 30th anniversary in 2019 with renewed vigour as we continue to offer the best possible quality and service for every single lot in our catalogue.”
Clive Emson holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The third sale of 2018 takes place in April and May at the following venues:
- Essex & North and East London – Monday, April 30 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford.
- Kent & South East London – Tuesday, May 1 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent.
- West Country – Wednesday, May 2 at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash.
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Thursday, May 3 at the new venue of the Solent Hotel at Whiteley, near Fareham.
- Sussex & Surrey – Friday, May 4 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton.