An updated and revised book offering ‘the essential guide’ to converting industrial buildings for profit has been released by property experts Ian Child and Ritchie Clapson, the co-founders of propertyCEO.
In the ‘fully up-to-date book’, readers will discover: the secrets to converting industrial buildings – opportunities that the vast majority of other developers overlook; a practical system that allows first-time developers to take on any type of development project, even if they have no previous experience; the art of building an experienced professional development team who will be highly motivated to work for you; and the secrets to getting funding for almost any property development project.
The new tome - ‘Industrial to Residential Conversions’ - takes the reader through this little-known property development strategy that the authors say can generate six-figure profits.
The book also includes the following:
- A complete overview of the development process, with illustrative pictures and diagrams
- A full explanation of the Permitted Development Rights introduced in August 2021 that allow many types of building to be converted without full planning permission
- A step-by-step guide to creating a property development business in your spare time
- How to source finance for your projects
- How to find opportunities, both on-market and off-market
- What type of property to build and how to work out your numbers
- How to get the maximum number of units from your development site
- Tips for selling your finished units
The authors behind the book say it is the ideal read for anyone considering small-scale property development as a means of generating wealth, and those looking to find a development strategy that can generate substantial returns with limited competition from other developers.
Ian Child and Ritchie Clapson have between them more than 70 years’ property and business experience. Together the pair founded propertyCEO, a nationwide property development and training company that helps people create a successful property development business in their spare time.
It aims to make use of students’ existing life skills while teaching them the property, business, and mindset knowledge they need to undertake small-scale developments successfully, with the emphasis on utilising existing permitted development rights to minimise risk and maximise returns.
‘Industrial to Residential Conversions: The essential guide to converting industrial buildings for profit’ is available on Amazon and from all good bookstores, priced at £7.99.