Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers is cataloguing a bumper 170 lots for its February 2020 auction – the largest auction since 2018 and the biggest first sale in seven years.
The auction, which takes place across five days in five venues, begins on Monday February 10.
The anticipated sale follows the auctioneer’s successful 2019, when it catalogued a total of 1,071 lots and achieved sales worth £150 million from eight rounds of regional sales.
James Emson, managing director of Clive Emson, comments: “With uncertainty and a challenging year now behind us, I anticipate business is set to grow during 2020.”
“Once again we have something for everyone at our latest sale to suit the tastes and pockets of owner-occupiers, developers and investors as we enter our 31st year of trading.”
The lots on offer range from houses, flats, bungalows and pubs to commercial premises, farmland, garage and hotels.
Emson adds: “One interesting trend we are expecting to see continue in 2020 is the sale of land with planning consent for development already in place, thus removing layers of red tape for purchasers.”
Highlights of the February sale include:
- The landmark White Hart Hotel in the town square at Launceston, Cornwall, which dates from the 17th century, has a freehold guide price of £225,000-£275,000.
- The former Lord Duncan pub in Chatham, built in the late 18th century and Grade-II listed but now dilapidated, is being offered without reserve in an executor’s sale.
- Rakelands, a four-storey 14-bedroom former care home sitting on 1.4 acres near Liss, Hampshire and featuring a separate indoor swimming pool, has a £1 million-plus freehold guide price.
- The Old Bell pub in Henfield, West Sussex, now a commercial unit and four flats, has a £400,000-£450,000 freehold guide price as an investment property.
- A semi-detached house near Manningtree, Essex, with planning consent for an adjacent detached house to be built, is freehold guided at £285,000-plus.
Clive Emson achieved sales in excess of £14.5 million at the December auction run and a sale rate of 80% after cataloguing 109 lots.
The firm holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The first sale of 2020 will start at 11am at the following venues:
Kent & SE London – Monday February 10 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent.
Essex & North and East London – Tuesday February 11 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford.
Sussex & Surrey – Wednesday February 12 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton.
West Country – Thursday February 13 at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday February 14 at the Solent Hotel at Whiteley, near Fareham.
All lots for the auction can be found in the latest catalogue which is available to view here.