Clive Emson Auctioneers is cataloguing a bumper 170 lots for its September sale, making it the auctioneer’s biggest event of the year so far.
The sale, which is the sixth of eight sales throughout 2019, is from 9-13 September across the south of England at five regional venues.
James Emson, managing director of Clive Emson, comments: “Once again we have a mouth-watering array of land and property across our regions. Although many outlets are reporting a downturn, our last auction has seen over 76% of lots sold raising £22 million.”
He adds that, with the catalogue featuring a large variety of property types, strong bidding is to be expected.
Highlights of the September auction include:
- The Plough Inn pub on a plot of 0.22 hectares (0.55 acres) in the scenic village of Grateley, near Andover, Hants, has a freehold guide price of £350,000-£370,000.
- A disused concrete water tower with countryside views at Aston near Stevenage, currently let for mobile phone mast use but with potential, has a freehold guide of £60,000-£65,000.
- The landmark former Tantons Hotel in Bideford, Devon, offered with planning permission for a flats and townhouses development Bideford riverside, is freehold guided at £85,000-£115,000.
- Four barns on Romney Marsh in Kent – three of which have permission to be converted into homes – have a freehold guide price of £300,000-£350,000.
- Five separate residential properties in a woodland setting near Uckfield in Sussex’s Ashdown Forest, once part of the grounds of a large estate, have a freehold guide price of £600,000-£650,000.
The firm holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The sixth sale of 2019 starts at 11am at the following venues:
Essex & North and East London – Monday September 9 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford.
Kent & SE London – Tuesday September 10 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent.
Sussex & Surrey – Wednesday September 11 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton.
West Country – Thursday September 12, at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday September 13, at the Solent Hotel at Whiteley, near Fareham.
Online auction – Thursday September 19 via www.cliveemson.co.uk/online.
All lots for the auction can be found in the latest catalogue which is now available to view online.