A stunning property with magnificent sea views, Garden Lodge, is being offered for the first time ever through Clive Emson Auctioneers.
Located in the charming coastal village Sandgate, near Folkestone, the property at Castle Bay has been in the same family since it was built and is being sold on behalf of the executors.
It is one of the 124 lots being catalogued by Clive Emson for the fifth sale of the year, which takes place from July 22-26 across five venues.
The three-bedroom house – which sits on a plot of 0.19 hectares (0.47 acres) and is in need of improvement and decoration – is freehold and guided at £450,000-£460,000.
It features a cellar/workshop, conservatory, study, double depth garage and garden store and gardens to the front and side.
“This lovely property coming to market for the first time through us is a typical example of how more vendors are choosing the fast and transparent auction process to sell property and land,” James Emson, managing director at Clive Emson, commented.
“It is ever more apparent that the success rate and packed salesrooms of Clive Emson auctions is encouraging sellers to bring to us a great variety of properties and land.”
This month, the auctioneer’s lots range from a substantial site with residential planning consent guided at £1.3 million, a managed business centre at £2.1 million and a former care home listed at £1 million to a holiday apartment guided at £15,000 and woodland at £8,000.
Emson continued: “However, it is very much the huge variety of properties and land between these upper and lower extremes which are the bedrock of Clive Emson auctions – the flats, houses, bungalows, investment opportunities, commercial properties, garages and parcels of land – which bring purchasers flocking to our sales.”
Other highlights of the July auction include:
- Four fishing lakes on a 6.29-hectar (15.29-acre) wildlife haven near Newport, Isle of Wight, guided freehold at £180,000-£200,000, subject to planning consents.
- The Old Post Office, a commercial unit with three-bedroom accommodation above, located 100 metres from the beach at Porthallow, near Helston, Cornwall has a freehold guide price of £155,000-£175,000.
- The Grangem a substantial 18-bedroom former children’s care home with a gross internal area of approximately 1,504 sq m (16,188 sq ft) and sitting on a 2.72-hectare (6.73-acre) partly wooded site near Hindhead, Surrey, has a freehold guide price of £1 million-plus.
- A detached six-bedroom house needing improvement, previously used as accommodation for disabled people, in Corringham near Stanford-le-Hope, Essex is freehold guided £350,000-plus.
All lots can be found in the latest catalogue which is out now and online here.
Clive Emson raised more than £16 million at a sale rate in excess of 80% from 136 lots catalogued for the June auction – the fourth of the year.
The firm holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The fifth sale of 2019 will start at 11am at the following venues:
- Essex & North and East London – Monday 22 July at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford
- Kent & SE London – Tuesday 23 July at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent
- Sussex & Surrey – Wednesday 24 July at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton
- West Country – Thursday 25 July at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday 26 July at the Solent Hotel at Whitley, near Fareham
- Online Auction – Thursday 1 August at www.cliveemson.co.uk/online