Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers is cataloguing a bumper 138 lots for its spring 2019 sale.
The auction, which is the third of eight taking place across five days in five venues this year, begins on April 29.
According to James Emson, managing director of Clive Emson, a popular trend at the moment is for sales of land with planning consent already in place. This not only increases land value but also cuts out administration for builders and developers.
“With spring upon us and longer evenings offering more time for viewings, we have, as ever, an eclectic mix of houses, maisonettes, former pubs, woodland, garages and commercial properties to be offered in our third sale of the year,” he added.
The auctioneer – which is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year – has introduced a new series of fixed date, real time online auctions, running alongside the traditional ballroom auction and online auction service, this round concluding on May 9.
In its March auction, Clive Emson raised more than £16 million at a sale rate in excess of 70% from 134 lots catalogued.
Highlights of the upcoming spring auction include:
- A three-storey mixed use investment property of a shop and two flats at the heart of historic Essex market town Maldon with a freehold guide price of £300,000. Estimated fully let rental is £26,000 per annum.
- The former Kings Arms pub in a village location at Minster-on-Sea near Sheerness, freehold guided at £200,000-£230,000 with potential for conversion or development, subject to consents.
- Three farm buildings with planning consent in place for residential conversion on a 0.25-hectare (0.61-acre) site in a semi-rural area at Rosehill Farm near Dorking, are freehold guided at £490,000-£500,000.
- Four investment properties, a mixture of houses and flats, on the same Torquay street – generating from £7,2000 to £13,200 rental per annum – are available separately with lower guides from £70,000 to £130,000.
- A historic former pub dating back to 1602, the Princess House at Shrewton, near Salisbury, is freehold guided £280,000-£300,000 with potential for reopening as an inn or development, subject to consents.
Clive Emson holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The third sale of 2019 starts at 11am at the following venues:
Essex & North and East London – Monday, April 29 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford.
Kent & SE London – Tuesday, April 30 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent.
Sussex & Surrey – Wednesday, May 1 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton.
West Country – Thursday, May 2, at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday, May 3, at the Solent Hotel at Whiteley, near Fareham.