Clive Emson’s first sale of 2019 is cataloguing 155 lots as the firm enters its 30th anniversary year.
The first one of eight sales taking place across five days in five venues begins on February 4th.
Last year, the firm catalogued a total of 1,246 lots and achieved sales worth £170 million from eight rounds of regional sales, with a sales rate of 77%.
“We are looking forward to 2019 with a renewed sense of enthusiasm,” said James Emson, managing director at Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers.
“Our industry is going through monumental changes with new technologies evolving rapidly. We are fully embracing these opportunities to further improve our already excellent service.”
He added: “We will continue to be at the forefront of innovation – not least with the introduction of flexible online auction dates and also fixed events where buyers and sellers can get a second bite of the cherry. But we will also continue to combine the traditional and modern auction methods. What has worked for decades does not suddenly go out of the window.”
Highlights of the February auction include:
- The former NatWest bank in Chard, Somerset, with massive vaults said to have stored vital documents, banknotes and the Crown Jewels at the height of the Blitz during the Second World War, has a freehold guide of £150,000 to £200,000.
- Next to a mill pond on the banks of the Littlebourne, near Canterbury, is Weir Lodge, an attractive early 20th century detached three-bedroom house with planning consent for an extension and a garage. In need of refurbishment, the property is freehold guided at £425,000-plus.
- Three barns, one cottage and a pavilion – housing the English Wine Centre leisure, retail and hospitality premises in a rural setting at Berwick, near Polegate, Sussex – is listed at £1.2 million to £1.3 million freehold.
- A commercial building opposite the law courts in the heart of Winchester city centre, housing four commercial units let at a total rental of £108,500, plus ground rents from seven sold flats, is freehold guided at £1.5 million to £1.6 million.
- In Grays, Essex, an overgrown parcel of land with potential extending to 0.14 hectares (0.36 acres) next to The Ship pub near the town centre has a freehold guide price of £360,000.
Clive Emson holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The first sale of 2019, starting at 11am, takes place at the following venues:
- Essex & North and East London – Monday, February 4 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford
- Kent & SE London – Tuesday, February 5 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent
- Sussex & Surrey – Wednesday, February 6 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton
- West Country – Thursday, February 7 at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday, February 8 at the Solent Hotel at Whiteley, near Fareham