Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers is preparing for its final auction of the year, where it will offer a host of Christmas crackers at its December sale.
The auction – which is the final one of eight sales taking place across five days in five venues during 2018 – begins on December 10 and will feature 131 lots for the festive occasion.
“We are looking forward to our December auction and seeing purchasers and vendors at our packed festive auction rooms where there will be a host of Christmas crackers on offer,” said James Emson, managing director of Clive Emson.
“With 131 lots on offer at five venues across the south there are ample good freehold and leasehold investment opportunities available.”
He added that, although we are close to Christmas, Clive Emson’s conversion rate and prices achieved in December are fully in line with the rest of the year.
The company’s autumn sale raised £28 million from 180 lots catalogued and achieved a sale rate in excess of 70%.
Clive Emson’s ’12 lots of Christmas’ December sale includes the following highlights:
1) An ‘unusual, versatile and picturesque coastal investment opportunity’ at Steamers House next to the beach at Cadgwitch Cove, Cornwall, with a freehold guide price of £100,000-£200,000. Units there are let at a total of £2,900 per annum.
2) The first Irish-themed pub to open in St Leonards, East Essex, has a freehold guide price of £180,000-plus. The pub, Paddy McGinty’s, has live music, TV sport and letting rooms potential.
3) Belle Hill Hall, a former Wesleyan Methodist chapel built in Bexhill, East Sussex in 1826 and recently used as a day nursery, is freehold guided at £165,000-£175,000 with planning permission for residential conversion for three flats.
4) The former North Cornwall Museum in Camelford, sitting on a half-acre plot and with planning consent for six homes plus neighbouring land potential, has a freehold guide price of £200,000-£250,000.
5) A large detached Queens Farm House needing modernisation and with extensive accommodation on a 1.74-acre plot in Queens Farm Road, Shorne, Gravesend, Kent is listed at £500,000-£520,000
6) A 0.32-acre development site with planning permission for five town houses and a commercial unit near the famous Pontins holiday park in Camber, East Sussex, is freehold guided £200,000-plus.
7) Nearly 6.5 acres of grazing land with a yurt and outbuildings at South Wonston, near Winchester, on what was once a cutting for the railway line are guided freehold at £85,000-£95,000.
8) Three former NatWest Banks in Bodmin, Helston and Holsworthy town centres in Cornwall have freehold guide prices ranging from £75,000-£195,000.
9) An iconic and brightly-painted shop in North Laines, Brighton, currently trading as the Guarana Company Ltd, has a freehold guide price of £600,000-£625,000.
10) Three purpose-built, modern studio apartments – two let, one vacant – in the same block near the mainline station in Romford are being offered separately and leasehold guided from £125,000-£135,000.
11) Eight vacant flats in two detached buildings on a quarter-acre plot in Fareham town centre and with redevelopment potential are guided freehold at £750,000-plus.
12) A three-bedroom former police house on a good size plot of 0.23 acres in Sutton at Hone, Dartford has a £390,000-£400,000 freehold guide price in a sale under instructions from Kent Police.
These, along with the other 119 lots, are available to view in the catalogue at www.cliveemson.co.uk.
Clive Emson holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The eight sale of 2018, starting at 11am, is at the following venues:
Essex & North and East London – Monday, December 10 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford
Kent & SE London – Tuesday, December 11 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent
Sussex & Surrey – Wednesday, December 12 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton
West Country – Thursday, December 13 at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash
Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday, December 14 at the Solent Hotel at Whiteley, near Fareham