Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers raised £28 million from 180 lots catalogued for its autumn auction.
Its penultimate auction of 2018 took place across five days in five venues from October 29 to November, achieving a sale rate in excess of 70%.
James Emson, managing director, commented: “Our Halloween week auction series was certainly packed with treats as a number of properties achieved well above guide prices and a fantastic selection of excellent buys were snapped up.”
“Our vendors and purchasers recognise the worth of property, and also that Clive Emson offers an exceptional service covering all aspects of the market.”
Highlights of the autumn auction included:
· A 9.65-acre vineyard – including buildings and a shipping container – between Tiverton and Crediton, Devon, sold for £58,000.
· The Cherry Tree House in Cheriton High Street, Folkestone, which is let to the North East London NHS Foundation Trust at £85,348 per annum, sold for £910,000 – some £390,000 above the guide price. The neighbouring Brockman Family Centre and Haven House sold £400,000 above its guide price at £700,000.
· More than three acres of land on a development site at Ashley, Ryde, Isle of Wight, with planning consent for 45 homes, was sold for £510,000 freehold.
· Three residential properties in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, sold for a total of more than £750,000 after bidding wars over each lot. Two houses and a cottage went for £310,000, £227,000 and £214,000 freehold respectively.
· A site at Wennington, near Rainham, Essex, containing fire-damaged properties with planning consent already in place for two houses went under the hammer for £290,000.
Clive Emson holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The eighth sale of 2018 takes place at the following venues at 11am:
- Essex & North and East London – Monday, December 10 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford
- Kent & SE London – Tuesday, December 11 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent
- Sussex & Surrey – Wednesday, December 12 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton
- West Country – Thursday, December 13 at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday, December 14 at the Solent Hotel at Whitley, near Fareham